February 18 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm EST
Join the Florida Museum of Natural History for a morning at the Museum for adults and children on the autism spectrum and their friends, families and caregivers.
The Museum will be open from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for visitors to explore at their own pace in a peaceful and less-crowded environment.
In addition, a separate quiet space will be available to decompress or desensitize, if needed.
While this event is designed as a sensory friendly event for members of the autism spectrum disorder community, anyone with special needs is invited to attend!
- Access to the permanent natural history exhibits and Discovery Zone
- Sensory maps with rules and expectations
- Quiet area in a Museum classroom
- Volunteers and staff in the exhibits to provide assistance
- Tablers with resources from UF’s Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)